Enable ATN and SYS Req keys
If you are using IBM i version 6.1 (or later) and need to enable the Attention key and/or the System Request key you need to complete these steps:
- Sign on as QSECOFR
- Add the aXes product library (typically AXES) to library list: ADDLIBLE LIB(axes_lib)
- Run the command SETPGMSTT as follows:
SETPGMSTT SSTUID(user) SSTPWD(pwd) PRDLIB(axes_lib) PGM(AXCHKATNKY) SETPGMSTT SSTUID(user) SSTPWD(pwd) PRDLIB(axes_lib) PGM(AXCHKPGSTK) SETPGMSTT SSTUID(user) SSTPWD(pwd) PRDLIB(axes_lib) PGM(AXDSPMSGW)
- axes_lib This is the name of the library you use for aXes.
- pwd Service Tools user's password. The Service tools password is not necessarily the same as the QSECOFR user password.
- user Service Tools user identification.
Whenever you restore aXes, you must perform this procedure after the completion of the restore.
Service tools provide powerful functions and, if used incorrectly, can compromise your system. The IBM i instructions described above assume a sound knowledge of IBM i and we recommend that they be entered by an IBM i System administrator as they require access to the QSECOFR profile and the system service tools. Please follow the directions exactly as listed